Ten Good Things About 2008
Here, in no particular order, is a list of the two events/people/teams that made 2008 fun.
- Alkaline Trio: Released a great new record and played some great shows. Their tours with Bayside, American Steel, Rise Against, and others were classic.
- The Dark Knight: A movie that was almost impossible not to enjoy and completely lived up to the enormous hype surrounding it.
- The Kansas Jayhawks and All of College Basketball: It was a great year to be a fan of college basketball, capped off by Kansas’ memorable victory in the NCAA Championship.
- How to Lose Friend and Alienate People, the Book: While the film version may have bombed in studios, this was easily the best book I read all year.
- Jack’s Mannequin: The only thing better than the release of their highly anticipated sophomore record was their tour of minuscule venues which followed.
- Barack Obama: Finally.
- Border Cafe: Best place to eat, ever.
- Bentley University: I go to a great school, and it keeps getting better.
- The New York Giants: Their run through the playoffs and victory over undefeated New England was the most exciting and satisfying month of sports I will ever see.
- Skydiving: Completely awesome, you should try it.